Job Title: Copy Editor
Reporting To: CEO
Working Hours: NA
Pay Rate: TBD
Start Date: As needed
As a Copy Editor with Winn Publications, your main responsibilities will be to polish the words of the writers.
- Correcting typos, basic grammar, punctuation, and word usage
- Making style consistent: spelling, capitalization, hyphens, dashes, italics, ellipses, etc.
- Maintaining style consistency and language style
- Verifying basic facts
- Highlight content inconsistency
- Highlighting plot holes, potential libel, potential copyright issues, confirmed anachronisms, and repetition (both content and verbal)
- Highlighting ambiguous vocabulary, awkward phrasing, and jargon and making suggestions
- Highlighting repetition and making suggestions
Winn Publications’ Copy Editors must be motivated, organized, and caring individuals with excellent design skills to support the organization and our writers.
You are required to have prior knowledge about the English language, grammar, sentence structure, and books. Even if this could be your first project a general understanding of the workflow would be useful and a demonstrable interest in books, writing, and reading would be ideal.
Because this is a temporary remote position you are required to have access to the internet, a computer, and a phone for the duration of your contract.
To apply for this position as a Copy Editor please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need accessibility assistance.
Winn Publications LLC is a hybrid publisher that teams up with authors who are active in their community. At Winn Pub. we believe that literature can both educate and entertain, giving the readers both knowledge and relief. There’s a book on our shelves for every reader and we take pride in publishing across every category and interest with excellence.
Winn Publications is a growing hybrid publisher in the United States, comprised of imprints with a niche. Winn Publications was originally founded in Abilene, Texas in January 2018 by Arilia Winn who envisioned a collection of quality, attractive books by those who are involved in their neighborhoods. Working remotely Arilia continues to grow with Winn Publications’ authors.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org